Sunday, January 15, 2012

Salt Lake City Library

During the winter months it can be hard to find a fun location to shoot indoors.  A friend suggested the Salt Lake Library.  My first thought was "Book shelves?"  After bit of exploring Kim and I found some great places to shoot!
The image on the left is natural light shot at 1/320 F5   Image right is shot with high sync flash at 1/1000  F6.3  I like both of these images for different reasons.  Natural light is a very flattering for portraits, but has a limted dynamic range (notice the sky has blown out to white)  High Sync Flash is like shoot two images in one.  Kim is shot overexposed and the background is underexposed allowing for a blue sky. 


1 comment:





  1. Excellent blog you’ve got here.It’s difficult to find high-quality writing like yours nowadays. I really appreciate individuals like you! Take care!! Please check out my site.
    Salt Lake City tax attorney

    ReplyDelete